Sannel Larson

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Dip Under the Moonlight

A Dip Under the Moonlight
by
Sannel Larson



Through the forest running deep

a distant hymn is calling me.

As inviting as the crescent moon

dancing 'tween the clouds so free.



Walking on softest emerald moss

the mist swirls up around my feet.

A gentle breeze pushes me forward

leaving a fragrance that's oh so sweet.



Shadows lurking behind the silent trees

creeping along the roots beneath the soil.

They watch each step that I take

guiding me to a pond of lavender oil.



Whatever fears that I had

are now a memory of the past

as images float before my eyes

answering my question at last.



Under the jeweled sky

soft, golden threaded wings

float 'tween the water lilies.

While humming angels sings.



Sparkling halos hover over the water

bringing light to an ageless night

as a myriad of glorious angels

take a dip under the moonlight.



This distance is now so very near

in a trance, I start to sing

music so soft calling me home

as I join the angels for a swim.




© Copyright 2012 by Sannel Larson. All rights reserved