Sannel Larson

Friday, February 8, 2013

Imaginary Friend - A Haiga by Sannel





Wistful prints in snow
delight to a lonely child
. . . loyal through childhood

~~*~~^~~*~~

All throughout my childhood, I wished for a dog. However, with my parents working very long hours everyday, having a dog would be out of question. But that did not stop me from dreaming of owning a dog. Even an imaginary dog is better than not having a dog at all, right?

This imaginary friend of mine (a black Cocker Spaniel, named Laban) became a very loyal and trustworthy friend. He followed me around where ever I went. I took him along on my walks in the Swedish woods, making sure I would not get lost. If I was sad, he would come and lick my tears away. He would sit and listen to the little girl's rambling when she had no one else to talk to. He was always the guest of honor at my elegant Victorian tea parties, rubbing shoulders with other distinguished guests such as, Mr.Teddy and my one and only doll, Benny. At night he cuddled up by my feet, sleeping peacefully until morning. This imaginary best friend of mine, helped in so many ways to make a lonely, little girls life, less lonely.

My wish finally came through the very same week, as my 39th birthday. The best birthday present, I have ever received!! That's when my imaginary best friend became real.


~~*~~^~~*~~


11 comments:

  1. Audrey, thank you so much for your visit and kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful, Sannel! A bit of a tearjerker when considered with your touching narrative but that's a good thing. Any time you can elicit an emotional response like that in a reader you've accomplished your purpose. Well done, my friend! Now let's see even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm smiling from ear to ear.

    No wonder you are so cool!

    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick, thank you for those encouraging words. Stirring up emotions in the reader, is what every writer hopes to do. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Mitch! You're pretty cool yourself, you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sannel

    Beautiful and heartfelt. I am so happy your imaginary friend became real. I don't have a dog but my sister has a Border Colllie named Beauregard. He is my four legged buddy.


    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sannel

    Beautiful and heartfelt. I am so happy your imaginary friend became real. I don't have a dog but my sister has a Border Colllie named Beauregard. He is my four legged buddy.


    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, then you know what beautiful and loyal friends they are. I'm so glad to hear you have Beauregard in your life.
    Thank you for your lovely visit and kind words.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unconditional love in any form is welcome. What a nice story lovingly told.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mike, yes my friend, so true! Thank you for your kind words. Your visits always bring me much joy.
    God Bless,
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments are my reward,
Thank you !