Sannel Larson

Friday, February 8, 2013

Imaginary Friend - A Haiga by Sannel





Wistful prints in snow
delight to a lonely child
. . . loyal through childhood

~~*~~^~~*~~

All throughout my childhood, I wished for a dog. However, with my parents working very long hours everyday, having a dog would be out of question. But that did not stop me from dreaming of owning a dog. Even an imaginary dog is better than not having a dog at all, right?

This imaginary friend of mine (a black Cocker Spaniel, named Laban) became a very loyal and trustworthy friend. He followed me around where ever I went. I took him along on my walks in the Swedish woods, making sure I would not get lost. If I was sad, he would come and lick my tears away. He would sit and listen to the little girl's rambling when she had no one else to talk to. He was always the guest of honor at my elegant Victorian tea parties, rubbing shoulders with other distinguished guests such as, Mr.Teddy and my one and only doll, Benny. At night he cuddled up by my feet, sleeping peacefully until morning. This imaginary best friend of mine, helped in so many ways to make a lonely, little girls life, less lonely.

My wish finally came through the very same week, as my 39th birthday. The best birthday present, I have ever received!! That's when my imaginary best friend became real.


~~*~~^~~*~~