Sannel Larson

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Splendid Stillness- A Poem by Sannel Larson





Painted sky, honeyed tresses dipped in crimson wine

spread its flushed auric glow on thyme covered hills

Its aromatic perfume trembles in the stillness, so fine

sweet, intoxicating nectar, my growing thirst fulfills

~

Whispering winds traveling through the evening air 

sending sunbaked dust and unspoken dreams my way 

The sound of a lyre walzes graciously through my hair 

while its echo cast its shadow on this sunset, on display

~

I see a sash of golden amber floating before my eyes

'tween lush branches where olives and figs intertwine 

Stillness fills the air as the melody of the cicada dies 

ephemeral tranquility touches my bare skin, so refined 

~

As day becomes night under the rising of the moon

stone upon stone of antiquity are dozing in fitful rest

From the palm of my hand, bits of my soul are strewn 

in this fleeting moment of splendid stillness, as its best 




© Copyright 2013 by Sannel Larson. All rights reserved